About the Event
Format: 27-Holes (3 Formats for each 9) Four-Ball, Pinehurst Shamble, Net and Gross Stableford Scorings
Registration: May 21 - August 5
Start Time: Tee Times using all (3) Metedeconk nines beginning 8:30am
The NJSGA is inviting one two-man team from an NJSGA member club (Public and Private) to participate in the UTE. The UTE is a 27-hole, two-man team, net tournament using three different formats for each nine-hole round.
Criteria for clubs and courses to submit a team into the UTE:
>It is up to the club to determine the method of selecting their team. A qualifier could be held or the club can designate the champions of an existing club event as their representatives in the UTE.
>There are 54 team positions available. NJSGA will accept multiple teams from member clubs in order of entry only if there are vacant positions.
>The member club or golf course must a member in good standing with theNew Jersey State Golf Association.
>Priority (entry) goes to clubs who host a qualifier to select 2 golfers to represent at the UTE.
>Entrants must provide or be ready to provide verification (name and email address) from a Club Employee or an officer from the Club Committee.
>The total of the two-man team Handicap Index must 45.0 or less
>More than one team from a club will be allowed enter the UTE only if there are openings.
NO REFUND SHALL BE ISSUED AFTER THE CLOSE OF ENTRIES, except in the case of illness or injury as accompanied by a physician´s notice. In this case, entry fee will be refunded minus a $50 surcharge, $50.00 for team events. If a player does not gain entry into an event due to oversubscription, he will be refunded in full. No refunds shall be issued for any reason after the tournament start date. All requests for a refund must be initiated via email or telephone by contacting Rich Kennedy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-241-4653.
- The NJSGA will offer a refund for anyone who WDs if they are sick or uncomfortable participating for safety/health reasons.
- The NJSGA asks players to WD with as much advance notice as possible to allow us to fill the vacated spot from our waiting list. If at all possible, please do not wait until the day of the event to WD.
- The following refund deadlines will be enforced:
- For Monday events – 12:00 noon the previous Friday.
- For Tuesday events – 12:00 noon the previous Friday.
- For Wednesday events – 12:00 noon the previous Monday.
- For Thursday events – 12:00 noon the previous Tuesday.
- Refund policies: Before above deadline date - Full refund. After above deadline but before a player’s starting time – refund minus a $50 surcharge ($100 for team events). No-shows (with no notice) receive no refund.
By a player’s attempt to enter this Championship, he/she agrees that he/she has read, understands, and agrees to all conditions and stipulations set forth as indicated herein. A player understands that the final decision regarding acceptance of entries is at the discretion of the NJSGA, and that the NJSGA reserves the right to reject or withdraw an entry at any time, before or during a competition, and to modify the championship program for any reason if deemed advisable. A player has subjected him/herself to the authority of the NJSGA, whose decision on any/all points shall be final. USGA Rules of Golf shall govern play at all times and will be augmented by local rules in effect during a competition.
** Please be sure to carefully read all instructions, terms, and conditions prior to submitting your entry.