About the Event
Format: 2022 Ultimate Team Event 'The UTE':
Round 1: 18-Holes, Four-Ball qualifier
Round 2: 9-Holes, Pinehurst Final Round
Registration Opens: May 3 - 9:00 a.m.
Start Time: 9am
The NJSGA is inviting two-man teams from NJSGA member clubs (public and private) to compete in the 2022 Ultimate Team Event ("UTE") at Forsgate Country Club on the famed Banks Course.
The UTE is one-day, two-person team event using the Stableford Points System with Net and Gross scoring. It features an 18-Hole, Four-Ball qualifying round followed by a 9-hole, Pinehurst format Championship round.
Four-Ball: 2 Person Teams. Both team members play their own ball. The low score of the two is the team score.
Pinehurst: 2 Person Teams. Both team members play their tee shots and then play their partner's ball on the 2nd shot. For the third shot, the team selects the better of the two balls in play and finishes the hole by alternating shots until the ball is holed.
Stableford (Points) Scoring System: Teams receive 1 point for bogey, 2 points for Par, 3 points for Birdie, 4 points for Eagle (or a Hole-in-one on a Par 3 Hole), and 5 points for Double Eagle.
Criteria for clubs and courses to submit a team into the UTE:
- It is up to each club to determine the method of selecting their team. A qualifier could be held or the club can designate the champions of an existing club event as their representatives in the UTE.
- There are 58 team positions available. NJSGA will accept multiple teams from member clubs in order of entry only if there are vacant positions.
- The member club or golf course must a member in good standing with the New Jersey State Golf Association.
- Entry priority goes to clubs who conduct a qualifier to determine their 2 golfers to represent the club at the UTE.
- Entrants must provide or be ready to provide verification (name and email address) from a Club Employee or an officer from the Club Committee.
- The total of the two-man team Handicap Index must 45.0 or less.
- More than one team from a club will be allowed enter the UTE only if there are openings.
NO REFUND SHALL BE ISSUED AFTER THE CLOSE OF ENTRIES, except in the case of illness or injury as accompanied by a physician´s notice. In this case, entry fee will be refunded minus a $50 surcharge. If a team does not gain entry into an event due to oversubscription, they will be refunded in full. No refunds shall be issued for any reason after the tournament start date. All requests for a refund must be initiated via email or telephone by contacting Rich Kennedy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-241-4653.
By a player’s attempt to enter this Championship, he/she agrees that he/she has read, understands, and agrees to all conditions and stipulations set forth as indicated herein. A player understands that the final decision regarding acceptance of entries is at the discretion of the NJSGA, and that the NJSGA reserves the right to reject or withdraw an entry at any time, before or during a competition, and to modify the championship program for any reason if deemed advisable. A player has subjected him/herself to the authority of the NJSGA, whose decision on any/all points shall be final. USGA Rules of Golf shall govern play at all times and will be augmented by local rules in effect during a competition.
** Please be sure to carefully read all instructions, terms, and conditions prior to submitting your entry.