About the Event
Format: 18-Holes Stroke Play (Gross Scoring), Men and Women (Am, Mid-Am, Sr Am Divisions)
Registration: August 1 - September 23
Start Time: TBA
Details and Registration: Registration is Open
The NJSGA is inviting the top Amateur (Am), Mid-AM, and Senior AM male and female NJSGA golfers to compete in the 3rd annual South Jersey Cup held at Atlantic City Country Club on Tuesday, October 5.
FORMAT AND ELIGIBILITY
The format for this event is Individual Stroke Play with gross scoring only. There will not be Net Competition,.
Golfer handicaps will be used for eligibilty criteria in two ways. First, all competitors must have an active GHIN handicap through an NJSGA member club or golf course.
In addition, there are 60 positions for men and 40 positions set aside for women competing in the AM and Mid-AM Division - if entries exceed 60(men) and 40 (women) the lower golfer Handicap Index will get priority entry into the event.
For Men and Women Senior Divisions there will 22 positions set aside for each division - if entries exceed 22 the lower golfer Handicap Index will get priority into the event.
South Jersey Cup Maximum Handicap Indexes by Division
Men's AM - 10.0 max
Men's Senior AM - 15.0 max
Women's AM - 17.0 max
Women's Senior AM - 25.0 max
NO REFUND SHALL BE ISSUED AFTER THE CLOSE OF ENTRIES, except in the case of illness or injury as accompanied by a physician´s notice. In this case, entry fee will be refunded minus a $25 surcharge, $50.00 for team events. If a player does not gain entry into an event due to oversubscription, he will be refunded in full. No refunds shall be issued for any reason after the tournament start date. All requests for a refund must be initiated via email or telephone by contacting Rich Kennedy, at email@example.com or 908-241-4653.
- The NJSGA will offer a refund for anyone who WDs if they are sick or uncomfortable participating for safety/health reasons.
- The NJSGA asks players to WD with as much advance notice as possible to allow us to fill the vacated spot from our waiting list. If at all possible, please do not wait until the day of the event to WD.
- The following refund deadlines will be enforced:
- For Monday events – 12:00 noon the previous Friday.
- For Tuesday events – 12:00 noon the previous Friday.
- For Wednesday events – 12:00 noon the previous Monday.
- For Thursday events – 12:00 noon the previous Tuesday.
- Refund policies: Before above deadline date - Full refund. After above deadline but before a player’s starting time – refund minus a $50 surcharge ($100 for team events). No-shows (with no notice) receive no refund.
By a player’s attempt to enter this Championship, he/she agrees that he/she has read, understands, and agrees to all conditions and stipulations set forth as indicated herein. A player understands that the final decision regarding acceptance of entries is at the discretion of the NJSGA, and that the NJSGA reserves the right to reject or withdraw an entry at any time, before or during a competition, and to modify the championship program for any reason if deemed advisable. A player has subjected him/herself to the authority of the NJSGA, whose decision on any/all points shall be final. USGA Rules of Golf shall govern play at all times and will be augmented by local rules in effect during a competition.
** Please be sure to carefully read all instructions, terms, and conditions prior to submitting your entry.