About the Event
The Annual Meeting of the New Jersey State Golf Association will be at North Jersey Country Club on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
The day's agenda is as follows:
10:00 a.m. - Registration
10:30 a.m. - Annual Meeting
11:30 a.m. - Buffet Luncheon
1:00 p.m. - Golf Outing
The purpose of the Annual Meeting is as follows:
1. To elect the following individuals to serve on the Board of Trustees as members of the Class of 2026:
- Eric Houseknecht, Hamilton Farm Golf Club
- Rod McRae, Baltusrol Golf Club
- Garfield Layne, Glen Ridge Country Club
- David Cronheim, Watchung Valley Golf Club
- Joseph Schurtz, Plainfield Country Club
2. To vote on a proposal by the NJSGA’s Board of Trustees to amend Article V of the Association’s by-laws titled, “Board of Trustees”.
Article V currently provides that the Board of Trustees shall consist of fifteen members. The Board’s unanimous recommendation is to amend Article V to allow for the election of up to eighteen Board Members.
The current Article V of the Association By-laws reads as follows:
“There shall be a Board of Trustees consisting of fifteen members divided into three classes of five (5) Trustees each representing at least eleven (11) different clubs having voting membership.”
The proposed Article V reads as follows:
“There shall be a Board of Trustees consisting of up to eighteen members divided into three classes of five (5) or six (6) Trustees each representing at least eleven (11) different clubs having voting membership.”
3. To transact any other business which may properly come before the meeting.