NJSGA Club Rep Program
The New Jersey State Golf Association has launched its Club Representative (Club Rep) Program, aimed at fostering open lines of communication between the NJSGA and its public and private member clubs. The goal is to develop close relationships with individuals at clubs and courses throughout New Jersey to better serve member golfers and member facilities.
All member clubs and courses, public and private, should appoint a person of their choice to serve as a liaison with the NJSGA. In most cases, the “ideal” Club Rep is a club leader, such as a board member or someone with frequent access to the board, and who might already be familiar with the organization. While this is not a time consuming role, a true commitment is needed.
Functions of a Club Rep
- Invitation to NJSGA Golf Summit (March 23, 2023)
- Invitation to NJSGA Annual Meeting (mid-October)
- Invitation to in-person and virtual Club Rep Meetings (TBA)
- Monthly e-newsletter: The Leaderboard
- Questionnaires & Surveys
- Attend Zoom meetings, conference calls and presentations
- Heighten awareness of the club's activities, news, and issues through the greater golf community via the NJSGA's channels
- Share best practices
- Find solutions to common problems
- NJSGA to Facilitate industry participation through Allied Golf Associations (NJPGA, GCSANJ, NJCMA, USGA, etc.) and government relationships
How the NJSGA Supports its Courses and Clubs
The NJSGA has supported its member clubs and courses for nearly 125 years through its advocacy, education, recognition (club achievements and milestones) and administrative expertise - and we wish to highlight these opportunities at your club. Additionally, the NJSGA conducts 23 championship events, 10 Member Golf Days and various educational events for women, men, girls and boys. To read more about the array of membership benefits, click here.
How the Club Rep Supports the NJSGA
- Share your Issues
- Employment challenges (attracting & retaining talent)
- Adverse impact of local ordinances
- Water Restrictions and usage
- Disseminate and Post Information
- Educational events (Golf Summit, Seminars, College/Career Prep events)
- Deadlines (tournaments, MGD’s, Caddie Scholarship Applications)
- Help us Celebrate your Club
- Milestone Anniversaries
- Share your success stories and news; staff ormember achievements)
- Unique Accomplishments
- Host an NJSGA tournament or event
- Prestige in hosting some of the oldest and most celebrated championships in the country
- Shared obligation of NJSGA member clubs Every 2-3 years.
- Tell us how we can - or should - help.
If you would like to be your Club Rep, please let the leaders of your club know and contact Mike McAneny via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone at (908) 241-GOLF.