Policies & Procedures
TOURNAMENT ENTRY POLICIES
NJSGA Championships are open to bona-fide members of NJSGA clubs and courses who meet all event-specific eligibility requirements (i.e., Handicap Index, age, gender, club/course affiliation). With the exception of the Open and Senior Open Championships (which maintain separate eligibility standards for Golf Professionals), a player who wishes to participate in a NJSGA event must possess unquestionable Amateur Status and appear on the official GHIN Handicap roster at a NJSGA member club/course at the time of entry through the conclusion of the event. Visit www.njsga.org for more details. Championship entries close on each event's specified date and time. The NJSGA does not accept late entries.
CONDUCT & COURTESY
It is the shared privilege of NJSGA and tournament competitors to be welcomed by many fine clubs and courses for tournament play. As guests, competitors share the responsibility of demonstrating exemplary conduct, sportsmanship, and courtesy at all times. This is a key to ensure that our hosts welcome us again.
Further, competitors are reminded that the game of golf is centered around integrity and proper etiquette. Behavior contrary to this is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Competitors and their caddies must comply with the following:
- Abide by the posted dress code.
- Abide by the club's cell phone / electronic device policy.
- Use the locker room for change of shoes and clothing.
- Exercise great care for the golf course - replace divots, repair ball marks, and rake bunkers.
Acts which may result in disciplinary action include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Failure to comply with any of the above.
- Use of profanity, either in frustration or directed toward another individual.
- Inappropriate, derogatory, or abusive language/gestures directed toward the host club, host club staff member, or a NJSGA Committee / Staff Member.
- Disruptive or distracting behavior.
- Throwing of equipment.
- Intentionally causing damage to the golf course or objects on course property.
- Use of cell phone / electronic device for purposes other than those permitted by the Rules.
- Other unbecoming or inappropriate conduct as determined by the NJSGA.
The dress code is established by both the NJSGA and the host club. It applies to all players and caddies.
- Prohibited Dress Includes Jeans/denim, t-shirts, tank tops, cargo shorts/pants, “short” shorts, sandals, and flip-flops. Mock turtlenecks are also PROHIBITED at many of our tournament venues.
- Shirts MUST be tucked in at all times.
- Soft spikes are mandatory. No shoes with spikes are permitted in the Clubhouse.
- Hats must be worn forward and must be REMOVED when in the Clubhouse.
- Any other clothing deemed inappropriate by the NJSGA or the host club is also PROHIBITED.
All requests for refund must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 908-241-GOLF.
For refunds PRIOR to the close of entries:
Entrant will be refunded his/her entry fee minus a $25.00 service charge (regardless of reason). For team events, a player may be substituted only with prior approval from the NJSGA, otherwise a $50.00 service charge applies.
For refunds AFTER the close of entries:
No refund will be issued after the close of entries EXCEPT in the case of injury or sudden illness as supported by official documentation (i.e., physician's note). In this case, entry fee will be refunded minus a $25.00 service charge. For team events, a player may be substituted only with prior approval from the NJSGA, otherwise a $50.00 service charge applies.
No refunds shall be issued in the following cases:
- After the tournament start date
- For withdrawal due to reasons other than illness/injury
- For no-shows
- Due to weather (unless event postponed)
For those who enter on-line, refunds will be applied to the entrant’s credit card. For those who enter via paper entry, refunds will be issued by check.