In 1928, at the behest of a group called “The Forty Millionaires,” A.W. Tillinghast designed and built the “Aldecress” golf course on the site that is now Alpine Country Club. The original name was derived from the three towns to which the course is connected: Alpine, Demarest and Cresskill. This course turned out to be the most challenging for TIllinghast to build. Located on the Jersey Palisades, rock formations required blasting in order to shape the course to his perfection. In 1960, the course was sold to the membership and the name was changed.
In 2009, Alpine was awarded Platinum Club of America, which is an award given to the top 100 Clubs out of 3,000 surveyed in the United States. This award is given by Club Leaders Forum every three years.
1985 Amateur Championship
1989 and 2008 Open Championship
2004 Men’s Four Ball Championship
1983 Women’s Amateur Championship