- Course Type: Private
- Phone: 609-924-3198
1895 Clubhouse Dr.
Princeton, NJ 08540
- Website: http://www.springdalegc.org
In 1895, the Princeton Golf Club was formed by alumni, faculty and undergraduates of Princeton University. Moses Taylor Pyne, Stephen Palmer and Cornelius C. Cuyler formed the Springdale Association and raised $25,000 to buy the old Stockton Farm of 240 acres, the site of the present Graduate College and Springdale Golf Club. Work started on a new nine-hole course that opened for play in March of 1902. The property was turned over to the University in 1909. In 1911, Gerard B. Lambert had the property surveyed and made plans to enlarge the course to 18 holes which he laid out and completed in June of 1915. The old clubhouse was originally a tenant-farmer house, 1860 then located behind the 2nd green. The class of 1886 purchased the house from the Springdale Association and deeded it to the University in 1903 with the provision that it be used for the reunions of the Class of 1886 and each member would be a life time member of the golf club.
The old Clubhouse was moved to its present location because it was obstructing the view of the Cleveland Tower. In the summer of 1922, the name of the club was changed to Springdale Golf Club. Springdale’s new clubhouse was built in 2007. The golf course was rerouted for access from the new clubhouse. Springdale Golf Club is responsible for the operation of the course. The course is 6,380 yards from the championship (blue) tees and 6,017 yards from the white tees, with par at 71 for each. From the red tees the course is 5,546 yards and is a par 72. In the past few years, the course has seen numerous renovations to the green-side and fairway bunkers. The practice area was upgraded in 2007 at the same time as the construction of the new clubhouse. Today, Springdale Golf Club enjoys a full-service Clubhouse, dining operations, professional golf shop, and a state-of-the-art practice facility that includes a short-game area and full-length driving range.