Charlotte Glutting (1910-1996)
Glutting was born in Newark in 1910. She graduated from the Beard School (now Morristown-Beard School) in 1927. Playing out of Rock Spring Club, she was the first to win the state Women’s Amateur Championship four times (1931, 1932, 1934, 1935).
Glutting captured the decisive point of the 1934 Curtis Cup to lead the American team to victory. In 1938, she led the U.S. team to its fourth consecutive Curtis Cup victory at the tournament.
Glutting captured numerous prestigious championships, including the 1934 North and South Women's Amateur played at Pinehurst Resort. In 1935, she reached the semifinal of the U.S. Women's Amateur.
- NJ Women’s Amateur Champion 1931, 32, 34, 35
- Curtis Cup team 1934, 36, 38)
- North and South Women’s Amateur Champion 1934
- Eastern Amateur Champion 1933, 37
- USGA Women’s Amateur, Semi-finals 1935