The NJSGA’s “Wednesday Roundup” will run weekly through the 2022 golf season. This weekly news summary will feature local stories and news from throughout #thestateofgolf. If your organization or club has announcements to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wednesday Roundup” in the subject line.
- Stage I of LPGA Q-School is set to get underway on Thursday at Mission Hills Country Club and Shadow Ridge Golf Club in California and a pair of New Jersey female golfers in Noelle Maertz (Clark), Allison Herring (Skillman) will tee it up. (Click for more)
- Vince Kwon of Marlton qualified for the 2022 U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship on August 15. (Click for more)
- Former New Jersey resident Adrienne MacLean is competing in the 65th North & South Senior Women’s Championship at Pinehurst. (Click for more)
- On the Korn Ferry Tour, Ryan McCormick (Middletown) and Max Greyserman (Short Hills) and Chris Gotterup (Little Silver) will tee it up in the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Chevron from August 18-21 in Idaho. McCormick currently sits at the 28th spot on the KFT Points List heading into the final three events. (Click for more)
- On the Champions Tour, Michael Muehr, a Pine Valley Golf Club member will compete in the DICK'S Sporting Goods Open in Endicott, New York from August 19-21. (Click for more)
- On Monday, August 15, Brent Paladino won the NJPGA Assistant/Open Stroke Play Event at Montammy Golf Club. (Click for more)
- Lance Hollingshead (Basking Ridge), Rhys Burgess (Oakland), Barnes Blake (Westfield), Arjun Caprihan (Warren), Isaiah Williams (Flemington), Jake Morgan (Succasunna), Jun Chun (Old Tappan) and Devan Patel (Madison) are competing in the Boys Division of AJGA Golf Performance Center Junior Championship. On the girls side, Angelina Tolentino (Mount Laurel), Jacqueline Zang (Princeton), Anushka Sawant (Monmouth Junction), Kaia Wu (Princeton), Marisa Flores (Paramus) and Season Wei (Warren) are also competing at Salem Golf Club from August 15-18. (Click for more)
- Also on the AJGA circuit, Liam Pasternack (Morristown), Preston Devieux (Mountainside), Matthew Lim (Skillman), Tong Si (Millburn) are competing in the boys division of the Tour Stafford Junior All-Star in Virginia. In the girls division, Angela Liang (Bridgewater), Sirina Ganne (Holmdel) and Danielle Higbee (Mickleton) are also competing at Gauntlet Golf Club. (Click for more)
- Several NJSGA officials participated in the Original Tee Classic on July 24 at Wild Turkey Golf Club. The Original Tee is an organization that’s core objectives are the preservation of the game of golf, education on African American accomplishments in golf, and instructing and developing a pipeline of new golf enthusiasts, especially youth. It recently celebrated its 23rd where its made contributions to numerous organizations spanning over two decades. (Click for more)
- Tickets are still available for the 122nd U.S. Amateur at The Ridgewood Country Club. (Click for more)
- The Theater Project is hosting a golf outing at Crystal Springs on September 29. The fundraiser supports theater arts. (Click for more)
- Entries close for the 12th New Jersey Super Senior Championship presented by NJM Insurance close on August 30 at 5 p.m. (Click to register)
NJSGA Social Media
For the latest updates and news, visit njgsa.org or follow New Jersey State Golf Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @NJSGA1900.