The NJSGA’s “Wednesday Roundup” will run weekly through the 2023 golf season. This weekly news summary will feature local stories and news from throughout #thestateofgolf. If your organization or club has announcements to share, please email email@example.com with “Wednesday Roundup” in the subject line.
- Kelly Sim is currently sitting in second heading into day three of the NCAA Palm Beach Regional on the individual leaderboard while her Northwestern squad is sitting just behind Katie Lu and the Michigan State Spartans in the number one spot. (Click for more)
- In the NCAA Pullman Regional, Megha Ganne currently sits T9 heading into day three while her Stanford Cardinal squad is leading the charge. (Click for more)
- The USGA announced tee times for the 8th U.S. Women’s Amateur Four-Ball Championship. Megan Meng of Pennington, N.J. & Angelina Tolentino of Mount Laurel, N.J. and Ami Gianchandani of Watchung, N.J. & Kaitlyn Lee of Scarsdale, N.Y. will be partaking in 36 holes of stroke play on May 13-14, after which the 64 sides (128 players) will be reduced to the low 32 sides (64 players) for match play. (Click for more)
- New Jersey sectionals are underway across the state for both high school boys and girls golf teams. (Click for boys results) (Click for girls results)
- The New Jersey PGA Match Play Championship is underway as the semifinal and final rounds take place today at Morris County GC. Brian Mackey of North Jersey CC will face off against Danny Lewis of Hollywood GC while the other side of the bracket pits Bill Hook of Knickerbocker CC against Brent Paladino of the USGA for a spot in the final. (Click for more)
- Registration is now open to volunteer for the Korn Ferry Tour Magnit Championship at Metedeconk National Golf Club. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age as of the first day of tournament week unless a parent or legal guardian signs the waiver in the volunteer registration. Junior volunteers must be ages 13 – 17. Please note, junior volunteers can volunteer only for certain committees outlined in registration. (Click for more)
- The USGA has a new one-stop shop showcases upgraded features and synergy with redesigned website. For the first time, the USGA App will feature live scoring and coverage of all 15 USGA championships through an elevated user experience that will provide a more engaging digital landscape for fans to immerse themselves in their national championships. (Click for more)
- Tickets are now available for all four LPGA events that are being conducted in New Jersey this season. (Click for more)
- Registration is now open for the 21st New Jersey Evans Scholars Classic at Hawk Pointe Golf Club on July 17. (Click for more)
- Registration is now open for the Inaugural Evans East Coast Cup at Hollywood Golf Club (Click for more)
- Entries are open for the several USGA Championships, including the 43rd U.S. Senior Open (Closes May 3), 78th U.S. Women’s Open (Closes May 3) and the 2nd U.S. Adaptive Open (Closes May 3), 68th U.S. Senior Amateur (Closes July 5) and 61st U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur (Closes August 9). (Click to register)
NJSGA Social Media
For the latest updates and news, visit njgsa.org or follow New Jersey State Golf Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @NJSGA1900.