Baltusrol Golf Club
The NJSGA’s “Wednesday Roundup” will run weekly through the 2022 golf season. This weekly news summary will feature local stories and news from throughout #thestateofgolf. If your organization or club has announcements to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wednesday Roundup” in the subject line.
- Pat Wilson teamed up with Connecticut’s Bradford Tilley to qualify for the 2023 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championship. Joining them is Millburn’s Thomas McCarthy and Michael Lewis of New York. (Click for more)
- On the PGA Tour, 2019 New Jersey Open Champion Chris Gotterup will be competing in the Shriners Children Open beginning on October 6. He will tee off at 8:30 a.m. (Click for more)
- The Seton Hall University men’s golf team came in 2nd at the UConn Invitational at Great Horse on Oct. 4. (Click for more)
- Brendan Hansen (Spring Lake) was announced as one of Rutgers team captains for the 2022-23 season. (Click for more)
- The PGA Jr. League Championship is set to take place October 5-9 at Grayhawk GC in Arizona. Team New Jersey hails from Haworth Golf Club. (Click for more)
- The NJSGA is set to host its Annual Meeting on Wednesday, October 19 at 11:15 a.m. The Annual Meeting will coincide with the inaugural Club Representative Meeting which will begin at 9 a.m. (Click for more)
- The 9th R.A. Schiavone Memorial Cup Pro/Senior Scratch Event at Forsgate Country Club will be held on October 12 and 13th on the Banks Course. The event is a two-day stroke play tournament for senior amateurs age 50 and older and a one day two-man 18 hole pro-am team competition. The entry fee for the two man team is $385. For more information or to register a team, contact Carolyn McKenzie Andrews at (732) 656-8959.
- The NFL Alumni Ventures is set to host the 14th Annual Rival Golf Classic on October 24, 2022, when the former stars of the AFC and NFC will battle it out to raise awareness and funds for PGA HOPE at Canoe Brook Country Club. (Click for more)
- The 1st Annual Golf 4 Girls Tournament is set to take place on October 8, 2022 at Cobblestone Creek Country Club. The event is to benefit the girls of the First Tee, an organization that teaches character development through golf. The First Tee benefits children of all abilities and income levels. (Click for more)
NJSGA Social Media
For the latest updates and news, visit njgsa.org or follow New Jersey State Golf Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @NJSGA1900