Lake Mohawk GC
The NJSGA’s “Wednesday Roundup” will run weekly through the 2022 golf season. This weekly news summary will feature local stories and news from throughout #thestateofgolf. If your organization or club has announcements to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wednesday Roundup” in the subject line.
- The 41st U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship is set to tee off on Saturday, September 10 and several New Jersey competitors are in the field including 2021 finalist Mark Costanza (Morristown), Pat Wilson (Andover), Jared Mactas (Woodcliff Lake), Jason Bataille (Bridgewater), Vince Kwon (Marlton), Thomas McCarthy (Millburn) and Ty Zebrowski (Verona). The Championship wil be played at Erin Hills Golf Course from September 10-15. (Click for more)
- The New Jersey PGA announced their 2022 Special Awards. Michael Holiday, Director of Golf at Upper Montclair Country Club headlined the awards and was named 2022 NJPGA Golf Professional of the Year. (Click for more)
- JT Harper, assistant golf professional at Canoe Brook Country Club was named head golf coach at Seton Hall University on August 19. In his first tournament as head coach, Harper and the Pirates notched their first win at the Alex Lagowitz Memorial at Seven Oaks Golf Club in New York. (Click for more)
- In her collegiate debut for Stanford, Megha Ganne of Holmdel finished in 2nd at the Carmel Cup at Pebble Beach. She helped lead the Cardinal to the team title. (Click for more)
- The LPGA has announced that ESPN+ will stream featured groups at this week’s Kroger Queen City Championship and the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship. As part of Friday's coverage, Marina Alex of Wayne will be featured at 1:25 p.m. (Click for more)
- The 11th Fore the Kids Golf Tournament hosted by Spectrum 360 is set for Monday, October 3 at Mountain Ridge Country Club. Spectrum360’s mission is to provide the highest quality educational and therapeutic programs for individuals on the autism spectrum with learning, language and social/emotional challenges to achieve their maximum potential as responsible adults in society; recognize and value the individuals’ unique abilities, learning styles and differences; and serve as a leader in promoting innovative educational programs. (Click for more)
- Registration is open for the 4th South Jersey Cup at Greate Bay Golf Club on September 28, 2022. Registration closes at 5 p.m. on September 21. (Click for more)
- Registration is open for the 53rd Women’s Senior Amateur and 33rd Super-Senior Women’s Amateur Championship at Panther Valley Golf & Country Club. Registration closes at 5 p.m. on September 29. (Click for more)
- Fall Member Golf Days at Hawk Pointe (Oct. 11) New Jersey National (WGD; Oct. 17), Legacy at Woodcrest (Oct. 25) and Forest Hill (Oct. 31) are open. (Click for more)
NJSGA Social Media
For the latest updates and news, visit njgsa.org or follow New Jersey State Golf Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @NJSGA1900.