2022 Ultimate Team Event
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2022
Site: Forsgate Country Club (Banks Course) - Monroe Twp., NJ
Entries Open: May 3 at 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: June 29 at 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $450.00 per two-person team
Team Handicap Limit: 45.0 maximum, combined
The NJSGA invites two-man teams from NJSGA member clubs (public and private) to compete in the 2022 Ultimate Team Event ("UTE") at Forsgate Country Club on the famed Banks Course.
The UTE is one-day, two-person team event using the Stableford Points System with Net and Gross scoring. It features an 18-Hole, Four-Ball qualifying round followed by a 9-hole, Pinehurst format Championship round.
Four-Ball: 2 Person Teams. Both team members play their own ball. The low score of the two is the team score.
Pinehurst: 2 Person Teams. Both team members play their tee shots and then play their partner's ball on the 2nd shot. For the third shot, the team selects the better of the two balls in play and finishes the hole by alternating shots until the ball is holed.
Stableford (Points) Scoring System: Teams receive 1 point for bogey, 2 points for Par, 3 points for Birdie, 4 points for Eagle (or a Hole-in-one on a Par 3 Hole), and 5 points for Double Eagle.
Criteria for clubs and courses to submit a team into the UTE:
- It is up to each club to determine the method of selecting their team. A qualifier could be held or the club can designate the champions of an existing club event as their representatives in the UTE.
- There are 58 team positions available. NJSGA will accept multiple teams from member clubs in order of entry only if there are vacant positions.
- The member club or golf course must a member in good standing with the New Jersey State Golf Association.
- Entry priority goes to clubs who conduct a qualifier to determine their 2 golfers to represent the club at the UTE.
- Entrants must provide or be ready to provide verification (name and email address) from a Club Employee or an officer from the Club Committee.
- The total of the two-man team Handicap Index must 45.0 or less.
- More than one team from a club will be allowed enter the UTE only if there are openings.