The NJSGA Hall of Fame
The Nomination Process
Anyone may nominate a person (living or deceased) for admission to the NJSGA Hall of Fame. The Nominating Committee shall recommend annually, by a simple majority vote, to the Hall of Fame Committee a slate of nominees for consideration to the NJSGA Hall of Fame.
A nominee shall be inducted into the NJSGA Hall of Fame upon a vote of 80% of the Hall of Fame Committee certifying that the nominee has BOTH:
- Made an extraordinary and remarkable contribution to, or impact on, the game of golf in the State of New Jersey as a player (amateur or professional), club professional, superintendent, architect, golf industry participant or other person involved in the game of golf in the State of New Jersey; AND
- A strong connection to the State of New Jersey by virtue of being:
a. A New Jersey resident for at least 10 years at any time; or
b. A New Jersey resident during the period of accomplishment; or
c. A member or employee of a New Jersey golf club or facility during the individual’s period of accomplishment and holding him/herself out as representing such New Jersey club or facility during such period of accomplishment; or
d. In the judgment of the Hall of Fame Committee, in possession of unique and substantial connections to the State of New Jersey, without regard to residency.
- Accumulates and vets nomination forms considering all relevant data.
- Adds pertinent information to nomination form.
- Prepares a slate of credible nominations to Hall of Fame Committee.
Hall of Fame Committee
- The committee reviews the candidates submitted by the Nominating Committee and votes to induct the individuals.
- Nominations not selected for Hall of Fame remain nominations for 3 years.
Timeline of Nomination Process
- June 1 - Nominations Open
- December 15 - Nominations Close
- December 15 thru January 15 - Vetting of submissions by Nominating Committee
- January 15 - Proposal of nominees to Hall of Fame Committee
- February 1 – Announcement of Class
- May - Induction Ceremony